Thursday 30 August 2012

my support ticket to myleadcompany

If you are serious about building a business, please read this asbout myleadcompany and see what you think.


I've had several emails with you regarding the leads you provide.
Firstly when I called the numbers, many of them were wrong numbers or the person denied submitting their information.
Secondly I was advised to email them instead. This resulted in so many bouncebacks that my isp banned my account.
Thirdly I then tried filtering the leads using an online and local software to verify the emails. Again the majority were bounce backs and not a single person was interested in responding.

I'm serious about building a business and your offering seemed like a good idea, but I'm finding it really difficult to continue with such poor quality leads. I can't see myself recommending the service to people as they are going to come up against the same issues.

Are you thinking of increasing the quality of the leads and verifying them. Otherwise the program is a waste of my precious time.

I hope this email helps to increase the quality of your product and your success. I look forward to hearing your response.

regards Mark Hopgood ( ukleads)